Thursday, March 28, 2013

Review: Devour (Warm Delicacy #3) by Megan Duncan


(Click image to add to your to be read pile)
Title: Devour
Author: Megan Duncan
Genre: Young Adult: Paranormal
Format: eBook



You never know how strong you are until something makes you choose between humanity, and the beast.

As Claire descended deep into the ancient tomb; laying to rest the bodies of the fallen, she wondered if time healed all wounds, would an eternity be long enough? Still recovering from a brutal attack that nearly killed her, she refused to let evil win. Pain and destruction glared at her everywhere she went. Nothing and no one would ever be safe until Baal was not only defeated, but destroyed. Fueled by her thirst for revenge, she traveled with her father to the ‘old world’, seeking the aide of a long forgotten ally. Will their quest for help lead to their salvation, or is it only the first step in their annihilation?


It's been three books already and I'm still with the series. That truly says something about how good these books are. Although, I'm having a little falling out with Young Adult Paranormal. Let's just say, I'm getting tired of the endless loop of the same thing. But I didn't feel it when I read this installment from cover to cover.

The book starts with a funeral. Not an ideal beginning but hey! It's got to start somewhere. All throughout the beginning, Megan puts in little bits and pieces of the previous books to remind us what is going on. And trust me, I needed those reminders. I'm one of those people who read more than 100 books every year and I only remember fragments of each book I've read.

In this installment, we go on a journey with Claire as she learns how to control her rage and hatred towards the one man who took many friends and lives away from Claire. Claire is intolerable in the beginning and once you get used to her again. You begin to like her and agree with the decisions she makes though my favorite character was Bennett and Robin. Even I started to grow a soft spot for Liz (Claire's Best friend). Every time a new/old male character meets Liz, I wonder which one of them will end up with her. It's a hard one to guess, that's for sure!

Megan's writing has progressed so much since the first few books I've read of hers and I absolutely loved how constructive and pro she is now. The dialogue and terminology is unique as Megan created a whole different world just for this series.

The plot is thick and filled with all kinds of plot twists and thrilling moments that seriously keeps you hooked until the very end of the book. If I had a dollar for every swear word I said throughout the duration of the book. I would be rich! Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little. I can't help it. It was really that thrilling.

Overall, Devour is an amazing installment to the Warm Delicacy. It was filled with depth, sadness, rage, thrilling and romantic moments that really keeps you reading till the end of the book. Now, I'm left wondering. What is next for Claire?


Megan Duncan is a YA Author, professional nerd, oddity enthusiast and paranormal junkie. She is continually fighting her addiction to chocolate, and living in her overactive imagination.

Facebook 
Twitter
Blog






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.