Monday, July 30, 2012

Review: Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

(Click image to add to your to be read pile)
Title: Catching Jordan
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Genre: Young Adult: Contemporary Fiction, Young Adult, Romace
Buy: Amazon | Barnes and Noble | The Book Depository


ONE OF THE BOYS

What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university.

But everything she's ever worked for is threatened when Ty Greeen moves to her school. Not only is he an amazing QB, but he's also amazingly hot. And for the first time, Jordan's feeling vulnerable. Can she keep her head in the game while her heart's on the line?

Can't get enough!

Catching Jordan makes me more attached to the Young Adult (YA) Contemporary genre. This book and everything like this book is the reason why I've been shuffling through YA contemporary romances. I just can't get enough and now I have to find another book to fawn over! 


This was a wonderful novel about a female quarterback star going through Highschool, trying to figure out how to be a girlfriend, play some football and impress some recruits to get into an epic football program in college. I simply adored the storyline, the protagonist, her team (filled with guys) and her best friend. Jordan is the perfect character that teenage girls, who are tomboyish, can relate with. You know what they say, connecting with the readers is everything. And at this point, Miranda Kenneally has nailed it!


No matter how hard I try to put the book down, I couldn't. The book was a breeze to get through. The writing style and dialogue is perfect for its target audience and was incredibly clean and easy to read. The plot was unpredictable. The characters, Jordans friends, her brother and even her parents, were so easy to connect with that made it hard for me to pick my favorite character. Yea, it's that hard sometimes. Though there were lots of hilarious characters there were some that really infuriated me. The big one being Tyler Green. You'll have to find out why he was my least favorite yourself by picking up the book.


Catching Jordan is an absolutely wonderful book for teens especially when you're down in the dumps and you'd like to pick yourself up again. A definite comfort read for those who'd like to step out of their life for a bit. Personally, it was exactly what I needed. Please, tell me there's a book two!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful review! I haven't seen this book in a while, but you've convinced me I need to pick it up. I'm sure being a female quarterback comes with a huge set of problems and that the boyfriend will have something to say about it. Thanks for your thoughts! Can't wait to read it.
    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.