Friday, July 27, 2012

Quick Review: The Killing Dance (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #6) by Laurell K. Hamilton

(Click image to add to your to be read pile) 
Title:  The Killing Dance (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #6)
Author:  Laurell K. Hamilton
Publisher: Orbit
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal
Format: Paperback
Buy: Amazon | Barnes and Noble | The Book Depository



Dating both a vampire and a werewolf isn't easy. But just to complicate Anita's already messy life, someone has put a price on her head. Love cannot save her this time, so she turns to Edward, hitman extraordinaire, for help. But finding the person behind the threat won't be easy, because as both a vampire hunter and zombie reanimator, Anita has made a lot of enemies-both human and otherwise.

Captivating as always


It took me awhile to get back into the series. I don't know if it was because I had enough of Richard Zeeman and his puppy dog complex towards Anita or the fact that there was too much zombies and detective work for me to cope with. Well, that doesn't matter anymore.

I'm back to reading the series and I'm glad to say that I missed it. I forgot how page-turning Hamilton's writing is. She always keeps you going. There is always something really exciting happening, something like people getting shot, murdered, or Anita gets in trouble and Jean-Claude or Richard comes in and tries to save her. For those of you who don't know, Anita is a necromancer and human (sort of). She is almost like a detective and helps the police force to figure out paranormal related crimes. During this installment, its more about Anita's life outside of detective work and more of her love life and people who wants her dead. Jean-Claude is a vampire who happens to be the Master of the City, while Richard Zeeman is an alpha werewolf (Nothing new there, I know). And when you put them all together, they're the magical trio! Haha (I found that part in the book hilarious).

I enjoyed everything about this book BUT the parts with Richard. He was overwhelmingly annoying. He was overprotective, hurtful and judgmental. I don't like him at all. He made my whole experience with this book a living hell. I really hope he disappears, so Anita and Jean-Claude can enjoy their love without him interrupting and messing with Anita's head.


Finally, after five books, Anita sleeps with one of them. I'm not going to tell you who, but she does. It could be Richard who she loves to death or it could be Jean-Claude, who she somewhat loves but not as much as Richard. Confusing, I know.

To sum it all up, its good to be back in Anita Blake's world. It's refreshing coming back to something I've always loved. The book was wonderful, Hamilton writes with great quality and rhythm which keeps the reader satisfied. Perhaps, only until they reach the tenth book in the series and realize the book is getting repetitive. Right now, all six books I've read have not be repetitive so far and I applaud Laurell K. Hamilton for making it so!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.