Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Quick Review: The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1) by Gena Showalter

(Click image for goodreads page)
Title: The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1)
Author: Gena Showalter
Started: 19/1/12
Finished: 23/1/12
Medium: Paperback
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy
Buy: Amazon / The Book Depository (23% off) / Barnes & Noble


Goodreads Synopsis:


His powers -- Inhuman
His passion -- Beyond immortal . . .


All her life, Ashlyn Darrow has been tormented by voices from the past. To end the nightmare, she has come to Budapest seeking help from men rumored to have supernatural abilities, not knowing she'll be swept into the arms of Maddox, their most dangerous member -- a man trapped in a hell of his own.

Neither can resist the instant hunger than calms their torments . . . and ignites an irresistible passion. But every heated touch and burning kiss will edge them closer to destruction -- and a soul-shattering test of love...




I finished this book yesterday (I think) and WOW! Okay, don't get my wrong and all but the romance in this book was kind of corny and toooo lovey dovey for me BUT I can't complain because I really love the whole evil falls in love with the good, etc. An extra plus for me is the steamy s** and all the hot men. Damn! Can this book be any satisfying! O.O Okay... that sounded wrong. But you get what I mean.

Forgive me for my unformal review. I just can't help it. The book was just THAT good. Maybe not as good as the Blackdagger Brotherhood but it was still good. 

Conclusion: It was quick-ish, fun, serious, steamy, hot, romantic alllll rolled into one book and if you're fans of the BDB Series you'll love this one! Now, I have to strategize how I'll be getting the other books. (hmm).


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I read this one and really liked it, certainly not as amazing as the BDB series though. Now I'm sitting here wondering why the heck I haven't read book two yet.

    Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard amazing things about the Dark Hunters series so I'm really looking forward to read this one ... Can't wait to know what you think of the other books Naj !!
    Thanks for great review !

    ReplyDelete
  3. tnx 4 the review
    thins onmy 2do list

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.