Saturday, January 29, 2011

Review: Stargazer (Evernight #2) by Claudia Gray

Title:  Stargazer (Evernight #2)
Author: Claudia Gray
Read: 21.1.11
Finished: 29.1.11

Goodreads Synopsis: The vampire in me was closer to the surface...

Evernight Academy: an exclusive boarding school for the most beautiful, dangerous students of all—vampires. Bianca, born to two vampires, has always been told her destiny is to become one of them.

But Bianca fell in love with Lucas— They were torn apart when his true identity was revealed, forcing him to flee the school.

Although they may be separated, Bianca and Lucas will not give each other up. She will risk anything for the chance to see him again, even if it means coming face-to-face with the vampire hunters of Black Cross—or deceiving the powerful vampires of Evernight. Bianca's secrets will force her to live a life of lies.

Yet Bianca isn't the only one keeping secrets. When Evernight is attacked by an evil force that seems to target her, she discovers the truth she thought she knew is only the beginning...


Review: At the beginning, I felt like I was dragging my feet trying to finish the sequel to Evernight until I got to the middle and it started getting me hooked. Which happens in the beginning of almost all the books I've read. So nothing unusual there.

I enjoyed reading it until the end. The relationship between Lucas and Bianca still annoyed me. Lucas, despite the fact that he says that hes not very good at the emotional crap he sure is with his long preaches of the heart. I laughed several times at his remarks. Corny much?

I'm actually a bigger fan of Balthazar. I totally picture him all hot and gorgeous while Lucas is scrawny and okay looking. I think I need more time to let Lucas grow on me. Okay, enough about my fangirl remarks.

Towards the end, excitement sparked which added to a basic allure of the book. I actually liked this installment better than the first. The end of Stargazer made it seem like just the beginning of the series which makes it hard to believe that Afterlife is the end of the series.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. It was waaay better than the first book. I'm really glad I continued to read this series. It wasn't unputdownable but it sure was a good read! I'm going to start reading Hourglass right now! 3.5/5 stars! :)


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. You're so right Naj : I also like Balthazar more than Lucas !! I've heard that the author was going to write a spin off on Balthazar's character !! Enjoy Hourglass ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't started this series because of the covers...I know, it's petty. It sounds like a lot of fun though! Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elodie! Team Balthazar! :D Yea I heard too! I can't wait.
    Melissa, haha. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy you continue to read the series! The third one is waaaay better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the first one in this series ages ago, but I still haven't read this one or any of the sequels. But the fact that it's better than its prequel intrigues me. Perhaps I'll have to read it soon? Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Ladies! I'm grateful for all your comments! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.