Monday, January 10, 2011

Review: Evernight (Evernight #1) by Claudia Gray


Started: 7/1/2011
Read: 10/1/2011

Goodreads Synopsis: Bianca wants to escape.

She's been uprooted from her small hometown and enrolled at Evernight Academy, an eerie Gothic boarding school where the students are somehow too perfect: smart, sleek, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in.

Then she meets Lucas. He's not the "Evernight type" either, and he likes it that way. Lucas ignores the rules, stands up to the snobs, and warns Bianca to be careful—even when it comes to caring about him.

"I couldn't stand it if they took it out on you," he tells Bianca, "and eventually they would."

But the connection between Bianca and Lucas can't be denied. Bianca will risk anything to be with Lucas, but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart . . . and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed.


Review: I'm going to write a quick review because I want to start Last Sacrifice. :D I'm going to add the fact that StorySiren read this book back in 2008 and its 2011. So I'm going to say. I is slow. -.- Didn't start reading YA until 2009. My BAD! :D

I didn't expect much from this book but I was excited to read it though I thought the synopsis was kind of stupid.

At the beginning of the book Gray made it as though Bianca was a normal human girl with slight indications that shes actually something else which I hated. I didn't like how vague the story was. I liked how quickly things started though everything else annoyed me. The characters weren't anything out of the ordinary and Bianca's "love" Lucas was charming and all but they didn't annoy me as much as I thought the pairing would.

I didn't take the book too seriously and did not read through it like I usually did when I read something I liked a lot and trust me I like a lot of books. Evernight seemed like your typical goth vamp book nothing new there.Though some of you might like it more than I did but I'll give it a chance and finish the series. It should get better with each book so I shall be optimistic and enjoy the book instead of criticizing it. For now I'll give it a 3/5 stars.

Stay tuned to check out the rest of the reviews I'll write about this series.

For more reviews go here.



Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for this honnest review !! =) Have a great time reading Last Sacrifice !! I can't wait to read your review !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Thank you! :D I'm glad you liked it better than I did though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ehh, I'm unsure as to whether I should pick this one up soon. It's on my shelf. Yet, I just think it looks like exactly what your review was saying 'typical goth vamp book' Mmm.. I don't know, maybe I should read the better ones first.
    Great Review!
    Please, if you have time, check out my blog?
    Thanks!
    http://lovelylilbookworm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!! I am a slighty oldish follower..not a very devout one..but..follower i am!:D..You have been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award from me..for your very Stylish Blog (of course!):D
    Hop by my blog and "collect" it..please do leave a comment after you do!
    http://blogonlinerandom.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I started this book but never finished it...maybe I should give it another chance to redeem itself lol

    And I've awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award :]
    You can check out my post here:

    http://allofeverythingforyou.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review, I haven't decided if I want to read it yet.

    Wow! I'm the third person to award you with the Stylish Blogger Award!! You definitely deserve it though, I really enjoy your blog :). Head over to my blog and join in sending some love around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks! for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for a great review. I have to admit, I've only read half of it (I'll eventually get around to it), but I stopped reading once Bianca turned out not to be a normal girl, that was just too big a secret to keep when the book is written in 1st person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting review I read this one after having read the twilight series and while reading reading the VA and HoN series so all my vampires and stuff got a little mixed up. I remember liking it back then, but I'm not sure how i'd feel now. I have yet to read hourglass (the 3rd one) which I have on my shelf. Usually if a series is good enough I'll read the books one after another but I guess it didn't sit well with me. I dunno I'll probably have to reread it since the last book is due out sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Kiwi, Laura and Pamela for the awards! :D I am honored! :D
    Thanks to you too Mary Ann. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheree: You are completely correct. It threw me off so much.
    Ash: Awwwh, yeah, maybe you should read the books again or you could just try to recap. :D Enjoy. Thanks for the comment as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great with a honest review :) Guess this one aren´t pushing it´s way up on the TBR list.
    Actually never heard of it before. So your not the only one being slow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would recap it but I don't do so well with doing that I like it to be fresh in my mind plus I like being able to put in quotes and stuff. I'm weird like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.