Monday, January 17, 2011

It's Monday, what am I reading? #6


This is a weekly meme hosted by One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

This Monday I'm reading: 


Synopsis: Now in the trade paperback edition:
New Bonus Chapter and Reading Group Guide, including Stephenie Meyer's Annotated Playlist for the book.
Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of human hosts while leaving their bodies intact. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, didn't expect to find its former tenant refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.
As Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of Jared, a human who still lives in hiding, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she's never met. Reluctant allies, Wanderer and Melanie set off to search for the man they both love.
Featuring one of the most unusual love triangles in literature, THE HOST is a riveting and unforgettable novel about the persistence of love and the essence of what it means to be human.

 Comments: After 200 pages of it. I started getting hooked. I didn't like it at first but I'm glad I kept on reading. I'm on page 350 of 809. Yes, my copy has 800 pages. And I took it as a challenge to read all 800 pages this week! Wish my luck!

I've read: 


What are you guys reading this week? Let me know with a link to your post below. :D

Also, Check out:
  • Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead (Review)
  • Evernight by Claudia Gray (Review)
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. I don't know why but I am so reluctant to read The Host, but maybe I may check it out in the future. I just started Match by Aly Condie and I am hooked from page 1. This will be my first dystopian book. I wasn't sure I would like, but I really am liking. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Åhh.. I remember when I read The Host. It´s just an amazing book :D Loved it. Favorite so far :)

    I haven´t made a bloggpost about it. But right now I am reading The Diary of Tomorrow (or what its called) by Cecelia Ahern :) It´s good so far :P Hopefully read it to the end today. So I can start reading Evermore and afterwards Matched by Ally Condie :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to get around to reading Last Sacrifice, can't wait to see how it ends. At the moment I'm reading Across the Universe by Beth Revis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mariya: Yeah, I was too. But I'm glad I started it. It's my first dystopian book. :D I haven't gotten around to reading Matched yet. I think I'll wait for the paperback. :D

    Moon, Sounds like a great book! :D I need to get Evermore. I really want to read it.

    Cheree, READ IT! Its like awesome! Awwh! I'm jealous. I really want to read across the universe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard good things about The Host. Since I did not like Twilight so much, I am avoiding The Host too. It's just a weird bias , I guess.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read Evernight and The Host, and I like both, although I like Evernight more. Stephenie Meyer is definitely not my favorite author, or even anywhere near my favorites list, and The Host didn't really do anything for me. It took a while to go anywhere. But overall, I enjoyed the experience while I read it, and I hope you do too!

    Haven't read Last Sacrifice yet, but I need to get on that! I've only read the first 3 books in the Vampire Academy series. I need to finish the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comment Naj ! Actually I had a whole week of holidays because I've just had exams ... (hence my free time) so I've read a lot!! I hope you're enjoying The Host, I read it like two years ago and I liked it a lot (it's a little slow to start though) !! Enjoy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Misha, Hahaha! Yeah, I did the same as well. I don't know why I started reading it. I guess I felt like being daring. :D But I'm glad I started it.

    Ashley, Its all about the experience! I liked Evernight as well but I'm not sure which of the two I like the most. Of course the Vampire Academy series is always my #1 fav.

    Elodie, You're very welcome! haha, yep, Make sense! Read as much as you can and enjoy it. :D The host is growing on me. :D Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow The Host is really long! With that slower start, I wonder if it could have been edited a bit more. Good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Host is AMAZING! But I agree it was a bit hard to read in the beginning. I think the fact that it's so long just has us a bit reluctant in the beginning. But the story just gets better and better!
    I still need to read Vampire Academy. I've read the first one, but that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Small Review, Thank you!
    Candace, I'm glad you liked it more! :D You should continue with VA. I think it was an amazing series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have Host and Evernight both here to read, just have to find time to get to them. And Last Sacrifice is on the way to me, some time here when Book Depository is able to get it to me. But I have to start with the beginning of the series first! :D It sounds like a great one!

    Hope your having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the Host. I've read it three times now. I could read it a million more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.